City Scrap & Salvage provides a variety of scrap metal services, including buying and recycling the following items:
- Steel screws, nails and other hardware
- Steel doors
- Auto cast
- Appliances like refrigerators, freezers and air conditioners (compressor must be removed)
- Household appliances (dishwashers, clothes washers and dryers, stoves, etc.)
- Cast iron
- Sheet iron (clean and unclean)
- Aluminum and aluminum cans
- Aluminum wheels
- Insulated wire
- Radiators (aluminum, aluminum/copper and car radiators)
- Stainless steel
- Die cast
- Catalytic converters
- Electric motors
- Electrical wiring
- Computer towers
- Computer components
- Circuit boards
- Rechargeable batteries
- A/C adapters
- Valid ID required.
- Title must be in, or notarized in, customer’s name.
- We accept all vehicles with gas tanks still on them – no holes are required in the gas tanks.
- If gas tank is removed, it must be cut in half.
- Driven-in vehicles are accepted.
- No garbage or non-metals in vehicle.
- Only four tires, and all must be on vehicle.
- VIN plate must be visible and attached.
- VIN number on car must be visible and attached and be validated to the title.
Examples of items City Scrap does NOT accept include:
- Paint cans
- Oxygen, propane, fuel tanks or other containers under pressure
- Sealed containers
- Whole torque converters
- Non-metallics (e.g. cardboard, plastic, glass and wood)